The Enrollment Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate adult and graduate students, in-person or online, with a primary focus on in-person graduate and undergraduate students for the San Jose campus. Students are recruited through inquiry and application generation – mainly sourced from education fairs, events, community college outreach, community organization outreach and networking opportunities. We seek applicants with a strong background in sales performance and recruiting in higher education is desirable. We prefer applicants that are self-motivated and driven with strong interpersonal skills, ability to network with others, and possess outstanding communication skills. This position is based out of the San Jose campus. Normal office hours will be worked in-person between 8 am and 6 pm Monday through Friday, some remote work is available. Local travel will be required and some events may be held in the evening or on a weekend. Flexibility and availability are a must.
- Generate inquiries and applications through recruiting activities including but not limited to education fairs, partnership lunch & learns, community events, networking with churches, local businesses, and local community colleges. Must be able to demonstrate a mature pipeline of leads and applications after a recruiting cycle
- Achieve efficiency metrics pertaining to lead acquisition, call volume, talk time, 1st-time contacts (via call, email, or text), and new applications as established by the Director of Admissions and consistently achieves enrollment targets assigned per program.
- Drive enrollment through a variety of tactical measures including but not limited to: speed to lead contact rates, call frequency, conversion of prospects to visits and application.
- Consistently keep the CRM software up to date recording all interactions with potential students as well as organizational relationships.
- Create new business partnerships and manage recruiting events and opportunities including communications, scheduling, and follow-up.
- Manage recruiting opportunities with established partners and sources including various informational events such as lunch & learns and employee presentations.
- Network with relevant organizations in the community including but not limited to businesses, churches, community colleges to create recruiting opportunities.
- Create strategic relationships with local community colleges and develop strategic recruiting opportunities for expedited application process through registered events, coordinating with all necessary departments.
- Collaborate with Event staff and Communications Coordinator to promote recruiting events and coordinate marketing materials and promotional items.
- Collaborate with Senior Admissions Counselor and Associate Director to assess ROI on events and make strategic decisions regarding event attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Successful candidate will have a strong background in modern sales performance skills (B2C experience preferred) and a demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Must be self-motivated to achieve goals as well as creative and strategic in creating and developing opportunities for new leads that convert to new students.
- Candidate will be comfortable networking and making new contacts, building relationships that lead to new prospects.
- Strong preference towards a candidate who has familiarity with higher education recruiting practices, usage of higher education-specific CRM software, and working within a university system with multiple departments.
- Must be a problem solver and able to deal with changing circumstances and have shown the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Experienced in providing excellent customer service – especially in the area of providing customers with tailored solutions that directly lead to sales
- Possesses strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills especially as it relates to prospective students and lead generation.
- Must be willing to travel for recruiting purposes, work evenings and weekends to meet designated goals.
- Have the ability to work independently within a team structure and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Commitment to working in a Christian liberal arts institution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to prioritize their work strategically and efficiently
- Demonstrated high level of humility, strong work ethic, and emotional intelligence
- Willingness to contribute to a healthy team culture
The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of WJU as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with biblical principles. The employee shall conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Community Covenant and Statement of Faith. Additionally, the employee may play a formative role in the spiritual lives of students in a manner consistent with the Community Covenant and Statement of Faith. This may include leading devotions and/or spiritual formation groups and seeking other opportunities consistent with a biblical spiritual formation role.
The employee is regularly in a typical, air-conditioned office environment with adequate light; moderate noise levels; and tile, concrete, and carpeted floors. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle files, computers, and phones; reach with hands and arms; stoop, crouch, and kneel. Frequent and regular repetitive movements required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.