Political Action Committee
ChamberPAC endorsements for November General Election
Sam Liccardo – Mayor
Charles “Chappie” Jones – Council District 1
Don Gagliardi – Council District 3
Jeff Cristina – City Council
West Valley Mission Community College
Pete Constant – Trustee
Evan Low – Assembly District 28
Ro Khanna – Congressional District 17
ChamberPAC posts wins in June primary election | Details
ChamberPAC recommendations for June 3 Primary | View
ChamberPAC announces endorsements for San Jose City Council candidates in June primary. Details here
Bob Kieve named first Peter S. Carter Legacy Award recipient. Details here
ChamberPAC creates Peter S. Carter Legacy Award to honor late community champion. Details here
Chamber supports city of San Jose lawsuit to bring Oakland A’s to town. Details here
ChamberPAC Barbecue: This annual event that attracts hundreds of Silicon Valley movers and shakers. Click here for photo gallery of event.
ChamberPAC Uncorked Spring Wine Event: The ChamberPAC’s annual spring fundraiser, May 9, at the Rose Garden home of Tammy & Mark DeMattei, attracted more than 250 people. View photos here.
The San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee is a committee of the SJSV Chamber. It operates as a separate organization (ID# 77-0097252), with a separate executive committee and board of trustees.
One of the most influential PACs in the Silicon Valley, ChamberPAC advocates for candidates who share the chamber’s goal of job creation and business-friendly economic climate.
- Successfully campaigned for the election and re-election of San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed, a business-friendly reformer.
- Achieved overwhelming voter approval of pension and benefit reform in the city of San Jose in the November 2012 election.
- Partnered with Mayor Chuck Reed to draft and secure overwhelming voter approval of ballot Measures V & W in November 2011. Passage of V&W laid the foundation for long-term pension and benefit reform, and is being followed closely by local government throughout the state of California and the nation.
- Engaged in 2012 San Jose City Council and re-elections of Councilmembers Pierluigi Olivero and Rose Herrera and with the election of Johnny Khamis–all business-friendly candidates who support our reform agenda–and help to create a business-friendly majority.
- Engaged in County Supervisorial races to secure the successful election of Supervisor Mike Wasserman.
- Developed and distributed white papers affirming the benefits of contracting out non-essential city services. The City of San Jose approved outsourcing of janitorial services at several public city facilities in the 2012-13 budget.
- Held a county-wide candidate school with candidates for six Silicon Valley city council offices and Santa Clara County.
New for 2013, ChamberPAC has created a year-round program for member visibility for ChamberPAC’s largest financial contributors. The program recognizes:
- Presidential Level: $25,000+
- Cabinet Level: $12,500+
- Senatorial Level: $5,000+
- Congressional Level: $2,500+
For details on the visibility offered for each level, click here.
How to donate
ChamberPAC is currently planning for the 2014 city, county and state elections. Online contributions can be made here:
I am interested in engaging with the SJSV ChamberPAC.
San Jose Water Company
Bozzuto Insurance Services
Immediate Past Chair
Garden City Construction
Silicon Valley Association of Realtors
Environmental Systems, Inc.
Hopkins & Carley,
A Law Corporation
R&J Jewelry & Loan
SJSV Chamber President & CEO
San Jose Silicon Valley
Chamber of Commerce
Board of Trustees*
Santa Clara County Association of Realtors
William B. Baron
Brandenburg, Staedler & Moore
Jorcal Hat Company
Intero Real Estate
Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
Zanker Road Resource Management, Ltd.
G. Lee Cunningham
Bay Tanks & Boiler Works
Arcadia Development Company
James J. Eller
Eller & Associates
Michael E. Fox, Jr.
Goodwill Industries of Silicon Valley
Pacific Gas & Electric Company
The Best Electrical Co., Inc.
Manufactured Housing Ed. Trust of Santa Clara County
Brandenburg, Staedler & Moore
California Apartment Association, Tri-County Division
Stephen T. Lopes
Western States Oil
NAIOP, Silicon Valley Chapter
Charles Munger, Jr.
Petrinovich Pugh & Co. LLP
Sims & Layton
Y.A. Tittle & Associates Insurance Service
Bernard J. Vogel, III
Silicon Valley Law Group
* Titles are for identification purposes only.