Political Action Committee
ChamberPAC-backed candidate Mahn Nguyen wins District 4 San Jose City Council seat | Details
Mercury News endorses ChamberPAC San Jose City D4 candidate Mahn Nguyen | Details
ChamberPAC endorses two candidates for upcoming SJ City Council seat special election | Details
The San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee is a committee of the SJSV Chamber. It operates as a separate organization (ID# 77-0097252), with a separate executive committee and board of trustees.
One of the most influential PACs in the Silicon Valley, ChamberPAC advocates for candidates who share the chamber’s goal of job creation and business-friendly economic climate.
- Successfully campaigned for the election of Mahn Nguyen for San Jose City Council District 4–helping preserve a business-friendly city council.
- Successfully supported the elections of San Jose City Council Members Chappie Jones (District 1), Magdalena Carrasco (District 5), Pierluigi Oliverio (District 6), Rose Herrera (District 8), Donald Rocha (District 9) and Johnny Khamis (District 10), as well as helping to elect back-to-back pro-business San Jose Mayors – former Mayor Chuck Reed and current Mayor Sam Liccardo.
- Successfully supported the campaigns of Assemblyman Evan Low, Santa Clara County Supervisor Mike Wasserman, Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen, Santa Clara County Assessor Larry Stone, Santa Clara County Office of Education Trustee Darcie Green, Campbell City Councilman Jeff Cristina, and San Jose Unified School District Trustee Susan Ellenberg.
- Achieved overwhelming voter approval of pension and benefit reform in the city of San Jose in the November 2012 election
- Partnered with Mayor Chuck Reed to draft and secure overwhelming voter approval of ballot Measures V & W in November 2011. Passage of V&W laid the foundation for long-term pension and benefit reform, and is being followed closely by local government throughout the state of California and the nation.
- Passage of V&W laid the foundation for long-term pension and benefitreform, and is being followed closely by local government throughout the state of California and the nation.
- Engaged in 2012 San Jose City Council and re-elections of Councilmembers Pierluigi Olivero and Rose Herrera and with the election of Johnny Khamis–all business-friendly candidates who support our reform agenda–and help to create a business-friendly majority.
- Engaged in County Supervisorial races to secure the successful election of Supervisor Mike Wasserman.
- Developed and distributed white papers affirming the benefits of contracting out non-essential city services. The City of San Jose approved outsourcing of janitorial services at several public city facilities in the 2012-13 budget.
- Held a county-wide candidate school with candidates for six Silicon Valley city council offices and Santa Clara County.
ChamberPAC has created a year-round program for member visibility for ChamberPAC’s largest financial contributors. The program recognizes:
- Presidential Level: $25,000+
- Cabinet Level: $12,500+
- Senatorial Level: $5,000+
- Congressional Level: $2,500+
How to donate
ChamberPAC is currently planning for the 2016 elections. Online contributions can be made here:
I am interested in engaging with the SJSV ChamberPAC.
Paid for by the San Jose Silicon Valley ChamberPAC, FPPC# 820668
Bozzuto Insurance Services
Association of Realtors
BOARD DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE CHAIR
Garden City Construction
CANDIDATE CULTIVATION COMMITTEE CHAIR
Intero Real Estate
Environmental Systems, Inc.
R&J Jewelry & Loan
Hopkins & Carley,
A Law Corporation
IMMEDIATE PAST CHAIR
San Jose Water Company
PRESIDENT & CEO
San Jose Silicon Valley
Chamber of Commerce
Chamber of Commerce
Board of Trustees*
Pacific Gas & Electric
William B. Baron
Brandenburg, Staedler & Moore
Intero Real Estate
Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
Santa Clara County Association of Realtors
Zanker Road Resource Management, Ltd.
G. Lee Cunningham
Bay Tanks & Boiler Works
Arcadia Development Company
Manufactured Housing Ed. Trust of Santa Clara County
California Apartment Association, Tri-County Division
NAIOP, Silicon Valley Chapter
Charles Munger, Jr.
Petrinovich Pugh & Co. LLP
Y.A. Tittle & Associates Insurance Service
Bernard J. Vogel, III
Silicon Valley Law Group
* Titles are for identification purposes only